November 09, 2010

My Info Barrel Review

A good while back I did try out Info Barrel for just a short period of time. I can't remember exactly what came along to cause me to stop writing for them, but it had nothing to do with the site. It was a matter of priority at the time and probably the fact of needing some upfront money instead of building residual money. Now my plans have changed. I am working on scheduling more time for Info Barrel as well as a couple of other places, which I will talk about later in another post.

As many of you already know, I use to write for eHow, and loved it. My only problem is wishing I had wrote more articles before their big change. It's one of those things of if you knew then what you knew now....oh well. Life goes on and you learn from those mistakes. I do, however, earn an average of $80 a month from them even now. So, this is what left me with the decision of trying to find other sites to write for like I did eHow.

When I started trying to decide what to put more effort toward, I thought of Info Barrel. One of the reasons I like them is they are not so strict with their guidelines. This self publishing site allows you to earn a residual income. You can do this through Adsense, Amazon, and Chitika. As of right now, I have my Adsense and Amazon IDs on there, but I plan to add Chitika at some point.

Now keep in mind I already have 3 articles written there from a long time ago, but I'm not even going to think about those because they were articles from when I first joined in 2009.


How Much Can You Make at Info Barrel?

You can earn from the multiple streams of income I mentioned above, but the best part is Info Barrel shares 75% of the Adsense revenue with you. In my opinion, that is great! You earn money every time some clicks on one of the ads placed in your article. I think I like this better than basing it on the amount of views your article gets.

I know some writers are making really well with Info Barrel and each time I read their income reports, it makes me want to get started even quicker. 


Other Benefits Info Barrel Has to Offer
  • First of all, Info Barrel has some great support. Not only that, but they have an awesome forum to stay in touch and get some great tips from other Info Barrel contributors.
  •  You can write any type of article and format you like. The last time I checked, your articles did need to be at least 325 words in length, but is recommended to be 400 in order for your work to be indexed. You can choose one of their formats, or you can actually just start with a blank page.
  • You are allowed to insert up to 2 embedded links in your articles, excluding the first paragraph. This is great for anyone marketing their own articles on their own blogs. It will help with your backlinking efforts. 
  • Another cool benefit is their referral program. This program will allow you to earn a portion of the revenue from the referral's content. The last I checked on this is you get 2% of all add impressions on the referrals article. 

Other Issues to Keep in Mind

According to Info Barrels Terms of Service, you keep all the copyrights to the material you submit to their site. However, your content needs to be original and not posted on other sites while being posted at Info Barrel.

Although anyone can sign up without having to wait to be accepted, your content must still be approved. It will go through a routine editing process so that it can be checked for anything offensive, the amount of links in the content, and to make sure the article does make sense. Don't worry, this is not a big deal. You do not have to be a perfect writer. Just make sure to follow the guidelines and rules and you'll be okay. After you are a member for 14 days and submitted at least 10 articles meeting the rules and guidelines, then you work will start being pre-approved and go life immediately.

My plans are to get started immediately and see how well I do. I will keep everyone posted on my progress and I'd love to hear from others about your experience with Info Barrel.

3 comments:

vetochemicals on December 26, 2010 at 9:19 PM said...

I'm glad you'll be writing more at Info Barrel and I too went there after the eHow change. It works great at a steady pace and I should reach adsense payout this month after joining in mid-August. What a great community that is so helpful. Great blog here too:)

AJWalton on January 5, 2011 at 6:22 PM said...

I bet you will have a lot of success on IB! The site is definitely on its way up, you are writing at the perfect time to create a very lucrative future!

Cricketlady on January 26, 2011 at 1:25 PM said...

Good Luck on you Change and I hope this year is your Best year Ever! Great Article, See ya on IB!

 

Make Money Cafe Copyright © 2009 ~ Disclosure ~ Privacy Policy