January 08, 2010

The Importance of Promoting Articles

Promoting articles is almost as important as writing the article itself. What good does it do to spend all that time writing, to not have anyone read it? That defeats the purpose. However, I must admit, promoting articles I've written is probably one of my biggest procrastinations. I have promised myself that this new year I am going to work much harder. Here are a few marketing places I use often.

Xomba has been really helpful and I have actually made some money from Adsense using this site. Each time I write an eHow article, I go through a process of promoting it. I log in to my Xomba account and click on "Post a Xomblurb."  (There are options to actually write your articles on Xomba, called Xombyte, but I can't tell you anything about it yet, because I haven't used it.) When posting an Xomblurb, you simply give your blurb a title, select a category your article falls in, list some tags or keywords for your article, then chose whether you are promoting a website, article, blog, image, or video. Next your going to copy and paste the link to whatever article you are promoting. If it is a eHow article, then you will want to give the direct link to this article in this blank. Then you will want to fill out a short summary of what your article is about. Just 50 words will do. Then submit. This blurb will not only be promoting your article, blog or website that you chose, but it will also earn you Adsense money if you have an Adsense account. This information can be filled out when you sign up for Xomba. So, if you don't have an Adsense account, you will need to sign up for one of those first. Like I mentioned, I have actually added to my Adsense funds, as well as brought more views to my eHow article, where I earn from Adsense Revenue again. Keep in mind, these Xomblurbs can be used to promote any article or blog post of your choosing. So far, it has helped me tremendously.

SocialMarker.com is another place I use.  If I don't have the time to promote my articles to any place else, then I always try to make it there. The reason is, this site will post it to tons of different places from just using their site. I'm not going to go into detail on how to use this site, because I had much rather someone else explain it to you. I noticed Willow, from The Freelance Home Writer, has a perfect explanation on her website about using SocialMarker.com. Definitely check it out by clicking here.

Another way I have started to promote articles is by backlinking from one article to another. Say I have an article written about Rheumatoid Arthritis on eHow and I have another article written on the same topic at Info Barrel. I will create a link with both articles to take readers to the other one. Another way is by writing a post on one of my blogs and linking to an article I have written on either eHow, Info Barrel, or Bukisa for example.

You may have different ideas to promoting articles, such as Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter, and I would love to hear about them. But if you are not promoting your articles at all, then you could be missing a major money opportunity. Give it a try and let me know how it goes.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very inspiring work you have created for us. Some people need to know that these things can ensue to anyone. You have shown me a better view now.
watch harry potter and deathly hallows free streaming

AJWalton on January 5, 2011 at 6:25 PM said...

I've been on the SocialMarker site several times now, but I've never actually gotten around to using it. I'm such a procrastinator when it comes to article promotion. I wish there were some way to make it interesting, but it's got to be done.

 

Make Money Cafe Copyright © 2009 ~ Disclosure ~ Privacy Policy